The results from the Food Storage Survey are in, actually they were in a LONG time ago, but I’m just getting around to posting them. Before you get your panties in a wad or get your head stuck in the door, realize this is NOT a competition (ok, maybe a little)! Check out the results and see how you compare.
1- How Much Food Storage Do You Have?
None – 2 %
2 weeks – 18%
1 month – 26%
3 months – 25%
6 months – 9%
9 months – 4%
1 year or more – 18%
2- Do You Have a 72 Hour Kit For Everyone in Your Household?
Yes – 54%
No – 46%
3- How Much Water Storage do You Have on Hand?
1 day (1 gal/person) – 32%
3 days (3 gal/person) – 26%
1 week (7 gal/person) – 12%
2 weeks (14 gal/person) – 18%
More (you overachiever’s :-) – 12%
4- What is the BIGGEST Obstacle you Face when Trying to Get Prepared?
Overwhelmed and not sure where to start! – 30%
Space – 16%
Money – 14%
Time – 12%
Other – 28%
- RESPONSES INCLUDED: Spouse (I totally understand!), Winter Storage for Water, Recipes & Using Food Storage, All of the Above, and my Favorite answer was JUST LAZY (At least someone was honest)!
5- How Often Do You Want to have Canning Nights?
3x a year – 46%
2x a year – 32%
1x a year – 23%
6- What are Some Preparedness Topics you Would be Interested in Learning More About?
- From “scratch” cooking
- Gardening, calculating the proper food needed for the family, easy canning techniques, dehydrating foods, canning meat, growing herbs, storage ideas for collecting rain water, water irrigation ideas, recycling water, simple chicken coop structures
- Where to buy
- Where to find supplies and food in your local area, How to build food storage on a tight budget, Using food storage so it doesn’t get wasted
- Recipes, How to do it for the best price, Storage ideas
- Healthy Recipes with whole foods & Vegetarian Recipes
- Canning Veggies from Garden
- One pot meals, Cooking over a campfire (one pot meals/dutch oven), Low fuel/no electricity cooking
- Dehydrating Food
- Cooking, Recipes, How-to-can, Wonder-Oven Class
- Recipe Calculation/Conversion to FS, Gardening (Easy to Maintain)
- Where to put it all & organize it.
- Bottling meat
- medical supplies, feminine hygiene, heirloom seeds, self-protection
- Various types of protein beyond meat.
- Length of time certain items can be stored.
- No guilt lessons – No doom & gloom. Instead do basic step-by-step how to determine what is needed, how to set up a plan, and how to modify it when needed. In other words, instead of focussing on the “why” (cause most people already know & deeply understand why), focus the majority on how-to with basics and step-by-step.
- Don’t know
- Getting started and meal planning
- Medical supplies, Seeds, Personal Hygiene Supplies, Canning your own harvest for food storage
- I think you’re doing a great job with variety! Keep it Up! (THANK YOU to whoever wrote that! – You got a perfect score on the 1st test!!!)
Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas, keep them coming!
JUST KEEP GOING…
I’m your little annoying cheerleader that will keep bugging you until you do something, so you might as well do it :) Everyone is at different levels and that is totally fine! Not everyone wants a year supply or has room to accommodate that much. I just encourage you to keep working towards your goals, whether that is figuring out how to block my emails, or getting your husband on board… just keep going!