One of my favorite parts about the Christmas Season is the cards we receive. I just love looking at all the beautiful families with coordinating outfits and perfect kids that actually look at the camera and smile! I can only dream one day our family can do that ;)
Nothing is more torturous to me than family pictures! I would rather clean vomit up (which I did do all week), then pretend I know anything about fashion or getting my kids to smile. If my computer and camera weren’t both at the doctor I would post a few pics so you could see I’m not exaggerating!
Anyways, I appreciate my sister stepping in and helping me out with a dilemma I have every year – where do I put all the cards I receive? Here is a fast and easy tutorial she did to help us out.
P.S. I ordered a few too many Christmas cards this year so if you need help filling up your new card holder email me your address and I’ll send one your way ;)
Need a Place For Christmas Cards?
Last year I bought a Christmas card wreath to hang our cards on but they kept falling off, and by the end of the Christmas season I did not have enough space to add more.
I decided this year to make my own Christmas card holder with an extra box, wrapping paper, and ribbon I had lying around. It was super easy and quick, and I hope this will spark some ideas of what you can do with your cards.
You can also make more than one if you are super popular ;)
- Cardboard Box (Mailing Box, Cereal Box, etc.)
- Christmas Wrapping Paper (Construction Paper, Paints)
- Tape or Spray Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut one edge of the box to lengthen it. You can also use a cereal box or any cardboard box. I laid the box flat and started to cut wrapping paper to fit the sides of the box.
2. After the box is covered with desired wrapping paper, add a ribbon to the back for hanging.
3. It’s now ready to hang and add your Christmas cards. I tapped my cards directly to the board because I am not going to reuse it next year, but if you want to reuse it you can attach your cards to the board with sticky tack.
Enjoy looking at your Christmas Cards all season long!