Men say women are hard to shop for, but I disagree – Men by far are the hardest! All they seem to want are big toys I can’t afford! I panic every time Father’s Day rolls around, because I have no clue what to get!
I went ahead and searched out some father’s day gift ideas so neither of us would have to panic. The best part is… each of these gift ideas are either made by men or suggested by men, so you know they’ll love them (and love you too for getting them)!
20 AWESOME Father’s Day Gift Ideas:
- TIME TO UNPLUG – Sometimes Dad’s just want the couch and the remote control, without nagging (at least mine does). So go ahead and veg with them and watch the new hit show – America Unplugged, about the excitement and danger of living off the grid (I know… slightly ironic ;).
- HOMEMADE & DIY GIFTS – The homemade gifts are sometimes the best! Check-out all the DIY projects on Pinterest, or do him a favor and make one from his list! Don’t forget about a simple Rocket Stove you can make out of a few cans too!
- LONG-TERM FOOD STORAGE GUIDE – Has your dad finally decided to start building up his long term food storage? If so he’ll have a ton of questions and this guide will help answer them all.
- SEEDS FOR THE GARDEN – For less than $5 a month he can always have a variety of heirloom seeds ready to plant. Great for Daddies with Green thumbs who enjoy growing their own food.
- BOTTLEBAND – For the athletic daddies out there, this will help them run from kids (or zombies) without dropping their water bottle. It’s very comfortable to hold, and it can even be customized with “World’s Best Day” – or whatever cheesy Dad phrase you want!
$25 or Less
- PRI-G FUEL STABILIZER – This is a must for any fuel that is left in the tank or in storage – lawn mowers, 4-wheelers, generators, etc. This helps prevent harmful deposits of carbon, sludge and varnish from clogging fuel injectors and doing more permanent damage. Do your Dad a favor and grab him a bottle.
- DUCT-TAPE 911 – Most Dads already have duct tape laying around, but he might be surprised about how many ways he can use it in an emergency! Check-out more great book ideas HERE.
- AMMO – Men can never have enough ammo, at least that is what I’ve been told. So buy a few boxes of whatever caliber your Dad prefers.
- HEADLAMP – If Dad doesn’t have a headlamp already, he needs one. It’s so convenient when trying to work on projects, change tires, and especially to use on camping trips when he doesn’t have an extra hand to hold a flashlight.
- ELK & VENISON RECIPE E-BOOK – If you need something for the hunter, this is it! It’s one thing to kill and process your own meet, but do you know how to preserve and can it? This is an excellent E-Book that will show him how to do just that!
$50 – 150
- MEMORY BOOK – This has been a Dad favorite in our family for awhile. Each year he looks forward to getting the updated version of all the memories we created throughout the year.
- MULTI-FLAME MINI TOOL – If there is one thing men enjoy, that is starting fires and blowing things up. With this tool, they will be able to start a fire anywhere!
- SOLAR POWER – Most Dad’s have phones, iPads, or other gadgets that are hard to live without. With this solar charger it can make sure he is never caught anywhere without power.
- LABEL SAFETY KIT – Help dad finally organize his tool shed or that confusing electrical panel with the label safety kit. It even comes with glow-in-the-dark tape and reflective tape so he can use it for multiple purposes.
- WATER FILTRATION – This is a great filter for Dad’s on the go! It can go with them backpacking, hiking or to the office and can produce enough water for 1-2 people.
$200 & Up
- BOLTWELL FIRE SAFETY KIT – This is for after Dad accidently lights the house on fire – or the kids ;) It comes with everything you need to help escape your home or stop the fire before it gets out of control.
- GUN SAFE – For fast-instant access to his gun, this gun safe is the perfect one for Dad. You can bolt it to the desk, put it under the bed, or anywhere else he might need to grab his gun fast.
- YETI COOLER – This is the ultimate cooler for Dad! It’s ready to take on the challenge of keeping his food, deer, fish, drinks, ice and anything else fresher and cooler longer. The best part, is they last and can handle whatever beating they get.
- HERC OVEN – Dad will be able to cook regardless if the electricity is out with this oven. Only a few tea light candles and Dad will never have to worry about going hungry!
- ENGARDE BULLET-PROOF VEST – You don’t have to be a cop to own one of these, anyone can protect themselves from gunfire. These are just awesome, and you just might be promoted to favorite child if you get Dad one!
More Father’s Day Gift Ideas:
Still looking for more gift ideas for the men in your life? Here are a few more shopping lists …
What do You Want for Father’s Day?
So for all the dad’s out there, what do you want? You can’t complain about what we get you if you don’t give us ideas ;)