Ok, I get it! I wore the bullet proof vest all wrong in my post about them.
I appreciate everyone’s concerns, emails, tweets, comments, etc… So before anyone decides to sue me (which by the way you won’t get much, unless you’re looking for debt), I thought I would share the CORRECT way to wear a bullet proof vest!
In my defense, I had a lot of other things on my mind other than fixing the straps on my vest – like my babysitter ditching me (hence the extra sound effects in my video), about 10 minutes to work with before the sun went down, and dealing with a grumpy photographer (aka my husband).
Plus, I can’t believe anyone even noticed I was wearing it wrong. How about the fact that I look like I’m turning into a Vampire? Could I seriously be more pale? I knew I was Vitamin D deficient, but WOW, I seriously need to get out more!
Ok, back on topic!
How to Wear a Bullet Proof Vest Correctly:
I thought John from Tactical Gear summed it up well, so I thought I would just share his comment…
It is important to remember to properly adjust your body armor and plate carrier so they cover your vital organs (heart, lungs) as much as possible. For example, the plate carrier in the photos above should be worn much higher. Almost as high as possible to cover the majority of your chest cavity. Granted, it would leave your stomach more exposed, but stomach wounds are generally not immediately life threatening.
Wearing the plate carrier up higher may be more uncomfortable, especially for women. If you have to wear one, ballistic protection is more important than comfort. Let’s face it, if they were made for comfort we would be wearing them all the time. – John
Also, here’s a quick 2 minute video from AR 500 Armor that does an excellent job demonstrating how to wear a bullet proof vest…
So are we good now?
Do you understand the basics of how to wear a bullet proof vest?
- Don’t wear it like I did!!!
- Cover your vital organs (as much as possible).
- Wear it high! A basic guideline is to wear the vest one inch below the clavicle notch.
Be sure when you are getting a vest in the first place, that you get the right size! If it’s too large the vest won’t fit well and tend to slip, while if it’s too small the vest may expose your vital organs to injury.
Contest Now CLOSED
Win an EnGarde Bullet Proof Vest (Worth $750):
So now that you know how to wear one, how about entering to win one…
The Prize – EnGarde GT Vest:
- Retail Value of this Vest is Around $750-800
- Size Large & Color is Navy Blue (like pictured above)
- Genuine NIJ Level IIIA Dyneema® Soft Armor Panels (Forgot what the NIJ Levels Stand for? Check it Out HERE)
- The Panels Stop Most Handgun Ammunition incl. .44 Magnum
- Has Pockets for 2 Optional Level IV Panels (that will stop Rifle fire)
- Guaranteed to keep their Ballistic Properties for 10 Years
Check out EnGarde’s FAQ section for any other questions you might have about body armor.
Here’s a closer look at the vest we’re giving away…
The Giveaway Details…
- The EnGarde GT Vest giveaway is open to any resident who is 18 years of age or older who lives in one of the 48 US Contiguous States.
- This giveaway starts now (Nov. 3rd), and ends on Tuesday, Nov. 11th at 10pm (CST).
- The winner will be notified by email and will have 24 hours to respond. If I don’t hear back from you within 24 hours – too bad, so sad – but I will have to choose another winner.
- So be sure to check your SPAM email folders.
To learn more, visit EnGarde on their website – EnGarde Body Armor.
Now go ahead and enter to win!