I absolutely love hearing from you and am impressed with the questions that have filled my inbox lately. Sometimes I don’t have time to give a lengthy reply, and often times other people have the exact same questions, so I’ve decided to devote Fridays for Question & Answer Time!
Don’t hesitate to jump in and add your thoughts and expertise, because we really learn the most from each other!
I couldn’t resist kicking off the Q&A sessions with the question below. It came in response to a post I did about Classes for Hot Housewives.
Plus, Valentine’s Day is probably better than ever to discuss finding love in the prepper world ;)
How can I go about finding a hot cook, dishwasher, canner, gardener and just an all around good wife for a prepper?
Let me just add a quick disclaimer – If you’re already married, I’m not suggesting ditching your spouse for a prepared one! We can talk later about getting your spouse on board if you’re interested, or you can check out some of these posts on the subject:
- Prepping Partners: How to Increase Your Survival Rate Exponentially
- If Your Partner Doesn’t Want to Prep
- An Open Letter to Family & Friends
- A Preparedness Gift That Costs You Nothing
- Convincing Family to Prep – Or Should You Bother?
- How to Get Your Teen to Appreciate Prepping
Ok, I just had to get that out-of-the-way first!
Finding a Spouse that Preps:
So if you’re in the dating scene, how do you find someone who cares more about becoming self-reliant, rather than becoming a professional spender? I’ll admit it, I’m good at both, but here are some things to consider:
Farmers Only – City Folk Just Don’t Get It!
Seriously, I thought this was a joke at first, but people are really falling in love at FarmersOnly.com, unless they faked their testimonial page.
Anyways, since I haven’t started up my Prepper Dating Service yet, this is probably the next best thing. Its primary focus is for hooking up farmers, ranchers, & good ol’ country folk, but I’m sure Preppers are invited too – as long as you pay up front ;)
ONLINE PREPAREDNESS COMMUNITIES:
There are tonz of forums, Facebook groups, and preparedness communities out there if you just go looking! Here are some of my favorite, but make sure to let me know some of yours!
Of course these communities aren’t just for singles, but it’s a great place to find like-minded people and then go stalk their FB pages (don’t act like you’ve never done that before).
- BLOG HOP – You can find and connect with all sorts of people by checking out their blogs, commenting & replying to others, and connecting with each of their individual communities.
LOCAL PREPAREDNESS GROUPS:
The best way to meet people is get out! Here are some ideas to get you mingling within your town:
- C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) – Go get trained & be active within your community group. You never know, someone might just come along that loves a chance for disaster as much as you do!
- INTEREST GROUPS – Join or start a group that focuses on something you love – homesteading, hunting, shooting, gardening, etc.
- Church – I think this is still the best place to find a spouse! Having God in your life and especially your marriage, is the most important prep anyone can make.
Good luck with finding the right one!
Maybe, I will just have to go ahead and start-up a Prepper Dating Service ;)
So anyone else looking for a Prepper to love?